• Around the year 2000 U.S. crib manufacturers ceased manufacturing in the Unites
States and began importing their cribs to sell to the American public.
The motivation: reduced production costs. The cost cutting measures continued and
led to the shift from using metal hardware for the moving parts, e.g., the drop side,
to plastic hardware.
The result of these decisions has materialized as not only poor quality products,
but as safety hazards as seen by the current recall and failure rate of the imported
• In contrast, metal moving side hardware manufactured in the U.S.A. (steel rods
etc.) had been used on cribs since WWII without incident or recall according to the
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recall List for cribs.
• Moveable drop sides provide the convenience and utility necessary for a crib. Safe
drop side hardware solutions have been and will continue to be available to the in
home use do it yourself builder with the availability of US made metal hardware.
• Hand made craftsmanship and heirloom quality deserves the best. US made metal crib
hardware will provide you and your family with generations of safety, quality and
durability that your do it yourself project deserves. At Products America we have
a 100% confidence factor that when building a crib for your child, or grandchild,
metal hardware is the safest and smartest decision.
• With over 20 years of experience in the juvenile furniture industry, our dedicated
customer service staff is here to answer any questions you may have.
• We believe that the right to choose is among America’s basic freedoms. Products
America provides USA made metal hardware to support your right of choice. Allow us
to provide your project safety and personal convenience with your pride of authorship